From LEO Ratings
If you're enjoying our content, please Like, Follow, Share, etc. Read more on how to support the site.
|Agency||Fox Valley Wisconsin Metro Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired May 7, 2018|
|Last Known Status||Administrative Leave|
2019 Death of Eduard Lopez
Pynenberg was placed on paid administrative leave.
The District Attorney's Office concluded that Pynenberg's belief that he and other officers were in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm was reasonable and that the use of deadly force was justified. No criminal charges were filed.
On September 2, 2021, Lopez’s family filed suit, claiming Pynenberg used excessive force and violated Lopez's rights under the Fourth, Sixth, Eighth, and Fourteenth Amendments.
- ↑ 2018 Fox Valley Metro Police Department Staff, Fox Valley Metro Police Department 2018 Annual Report, 2018
- ↑ Sam Pynenberg Village of Little Chute, govSalaries
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Man killed, officer identified in Fox Valley police shooting, FOX 11, 2019-09-11
- ↑ DA: Officer justified in Fox Valley police shooting, FOX11', 2019-10-14
- ↑ Brian Kerhin, Fox Valley Metro police sued over 2019 shooting death, FOX 11', 2021-09-03
- ↑ Lopez vs FVMPD, United States District Court, 2021-09-02
Recent articles: Larry McDonald Jr., Bradley Mouser, Samuel Fuller, Austin Heiselman (2023), Beri Dave (2020)