|Agency||Knoxville Tennessee Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired in December 1998.|
|Last Known Status||Active|
2013 Officer of the Month
In April 2013, Shuler was named as one of two Officers of the Month for assisting in the arrest of a burglary suspect on April 22, 2013.
2021 Policy Violations
On May 27, 2021, Shuler responded to a vehicle crash that involved a fatality.
On May 28, 2021, a subpoena was issued to draw blood from the person responsible for the crash.
Shuler took the blood samples to his house and stored them in his refrigerator.
On June 1, 2021, Shuler brought the samples to the department.
Shuler was reprimanded for not bringing his body-worn camera to the initial crash scene. Shuler claimed that he had permission from a supervisor. The supervisor claims they never had a conversation about the camera.
Schuler was suspended for two days without pay.
- ↑ Travis Shuler, Linkedin.com
- ↑ Travis Shuler E, Police Officer, City of Knoxville, govSalaries
- ↑ Officers Honored for Arrest of Vehicle Burglary Suspect, City of Knoxville, 2013-07-10
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Camruinn Morgan-Rumsey, KPD officer suspended after taking home, briefly losing blood evidence, report says, WVLT, 2022-04-26
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Cole Sullivan, KPD officer suspended for keeping blood evidence from deadly wreck in his home fridge, WBIR, 2022-04-25
Recent articles: Michael Pessoa, Caleb Savage, Matthew Willet, Thomas Degenstein, Elmer Lopez-Castaneda (2023)