Willie Murphy Jr.
|Agency||Halifax County North Carolina Sheriff's Office|
|Rank||Jail Correctional Officer (2007), Patrol Deputy, Uniform Corporal, Patrol Sergeant, Detective Sergeant.|
|Dates of Service||2007 - April 2016.|
|Last Known Status||Resigned.|
|Agency||Enfield North Carolina Police Department|
|Rank||Detective Sergeant (2016), Lieutenant|
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2016|
|Last Known Status||Separated|
2020 Child Sexual Exploitation and Embezzlement
On July 27, 2020, the Halifax County Sheriff's Office received information about possible sexual exploitation of a minor. The investigation led to Murphy.
On September 4, 2020, electronic devices were seized from Murphy's home. Investigators also found evidence belonging to the police department and evidence that had not been submitted to the department.
Murphy was indicted on 14 counts of embezzlement by a local government employee, 18 counts of altering, destroying, or stealing criminal evidence, 18 counts of willfully failing to discharge duties, and four counts of obstructing justice.
On September 12, 2022, a grand jury indicted Murphy with 58 counts of third-degree sexual exploitation of a minor in addition to the earlier charges.
- Lance Martin, Enfield announces new hire, promotions, rrspin, 2016-04-25
- Willie Murphy C, Jailer, Halifax County, govSalaries
- Joedy McCreary, Former Halifax County cop faces child porn charges, authorities say, CBS 17, 2022-09-14
- Murphy Willie C, Police Officer, Town of Enfield, govSalaries
- Dalisa Robles, Former Halifax County police officer accused of stealing drugs, money meant for evidence, CBS 17, 2020-09-04
- Former police lieutenant indicted on 58 counts of possessing child porn, FOX Carolina, 2022-09-14