|Agency||San Antonio Texas Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired approximately 2017. Ended 2020.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
2019-2020 Domestic Violence Arrests
On November 23, 2019, police responded to a call of yelling at a residence. When officers responded, Montalvo’s girlfriend told police that he grabbed her by the neck and threw her on the bed while they were arguing. Montalvo was taken into custody and charged with assault family violence-choking, a third-degree felony.
On June 28 2020, police responded for a possible assault in progress inside a vehicle. The vehicle had struck a guardrail resulting in a crash. Montalvo and his girlfriend were found inside the vehicle and the woman had injuries that appeared to be consistent with the crash. The woman denied that Montalvo had assaulted her. Investigators determined the previous domestic violence charge was for allegedly assaulting the same woman, and that Montalvo was out on bond for the charge. Montalvo had a bond condition prohibiting contact with the woman. Montalvo was taken into custody and charged with a violation of conditions of bond by contact, a misdemeanor.
After the first arrest in 2019, Montalvo was placed on administrative duty and his duty weapon and personal weapon were collected.
On October 25, 2021, the misdemeanor violation of bond conditions charge was dismissed.
On October 26, 2021, prosecutors dismissed the felony assault charge. The District Attorney’s office said the charged were dismissed for a lack of proof of an essential element of the offense, the complainant requested a dismissal of all charges, and the defendant had permanently surrendered his police officer's license.
- Rebecca Salinas, Mugshot of San Antonio police officer released after domestic violence arrest, KSAT, 2019-11-24
- Dillon Collier, Criminal charges against fired SAPD officer dismissed days before he was scheduled for arbitration, KSAT, 2021-10-29
- Jonathan Montalvo Police Officer City of San Antonio, govSalaries
- Ben Spicer, SAPD officer arrested after violating conditions of bond following domestic violence charge, KSAT, 2020-06-29
- FAQ, Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
- Fares Sabawi,San Antonio police officer fired after arrests in domestic violence incidents, records show, KSAT, 2020-08-19