|Agency||Cobb County Georgia Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2016.|
|Last Known Status||Active|
2019 Rotary Club Appreciation Award
On March 28, 2019, Karneol received the Rotary Club Appreciation Award.
2020 Death of Vincent Truitt
On July 13, 2020, police chased a stolen car in which Truitt was a passenger. After police stopped the vehicle, Truitt ran away with a gun in his hand. Karneol shot Truitt twice in the back as he fled. Karneol and other officers rendered aid after the shooting until paramedics arrived. Truitt died the next day.
In February 2021, a grand jury decided not to charge Karneol.
On January 11, 2022, the family filed a $150 million excessive force and wrongful death lawsuit against Karneol and the county.
On August 29, 2022, a judge declared the shooting to be "objectively reasonable" and did not violate a clearly established right. The judge granted qualified immunity to Karneol and dismissed the family's case.
- Jozsef Papp, Judge dismisses federal lawsuit involving teen killed by Cobb police in 2020, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 2022-09-02
- Max Karneol H, Department Of Public Safety, County Of Cobb, govSalaries
- Award Ceremony, Cobb County Police Department, 2019-03-30
- Cook v Cobb County Order, U.S. District Court, 2022-08-29
- Newly-released video shows what led up to shooting of Vincent Truitt by Cobb County police, 11Alive, 2021-03-05