|Agency||Miami Beach Florida Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired August 15, 2016.|
|Last Known Status||Active|
2018 Arrest of Lowell Poitier
On December 3, 2018, officers were called to a restaurant because Poitier was screaming at other guests. Poitier yelled at Dominguez, who punched Poitier, knocking him unconscious.
Poitier was arrested and charged with assaulting an officer, disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest.
The incident was captured on Officer Alfredo Garcia's body-worn camera.
Dominguez was relieved of his patrol duties and was placed on a non-enforcement assignment.
On December 12, 2018, the body-worn camera video was released by Officer Frederick Dominguez, who is not related to Officer Adriel Dominguez.
In July 2019, Miami Dade State Attorney's Office dropped the charges against Poitier.
In October 2019, prosecutors cleared Dominguez of any wrongdoing as Dominguez could have reasonably believed Poitier was "about to hit him".
2018 Arrest of Kenyatta Harmon
- ↑ Miami Beach Officer Accusing Fellow Officer Of Punching Unarmed Citizen In Face, CBS News, 2018-12-12
- ↑ Adriel Dominguez, Police Officer, City of Miami Beach, govSalaries
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Sheldon Fox, Video of arresting officer hitting man at Ocean Drive restaurant raises concerns, WSVN, 2018-12-12
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Amanda Plasencia, Department Reprimands Miami Beach Officer Who Released Footage of Police Punching Unarmed Black Man, NBC, 2020-08-05
- ↑ Joshua Miller, Florida cop caught punching unarmed man on video gets reinstated, New York Post, 2020-08-05
Recent articles: Anthony Nigro, Curtis Tyra, Wallace Simmons, Derick Chandler, Scott Birney