|Agency||Spokane Washington Police Department|
|Rank||Corporal (May 2022)|
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2007.|
|Last Known Status||Administrative Leave|
2010 Silver Star Award
In 2010, Johnson helped save a person in distress on a bridge.
Johnson received a Silver Star Award, which is given for "displaying courageous actions, which were above and beyond that which is normally expected".
2017 Medal of Valor Award
On May 21, 2017, Johnson and other officers were dispatched to an assault involving an armed man. Johnson pursued the man into an apartment and used his Taser to subdue him.
In March 2018, Johnson received the Medal of Valor Award, the highest recognition of achievement presented by the department, for "extraordinary acts of bravery or heroism above and beyond that normally expected in the line of duty".
2018 Lifesaving Award
On November 21, 2018, Johnson rescued a man from a burning vehicle.
In March 2019, Johnson received the Lifesaving Award, for saving "a human life under unusual and/or extraordinary circumstances".
In 2020, officers pulled over a vehicle that they suspected was related to several robberies. The driver displayed a pistol, and the officers withdrew and called the SWAT team. Johnson and Officer Dale Harvey responded, and eventually shot the man.
2022 Death of Robert Bradley
The officers were placed on administrative leave.
On March 9, 2023, the mother of Bradley's children filed a wrongful death lawsuit.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Garrett Cabeza, 2 Spokane officers ID’d, placed on leave after shooting 41-year-old man, The Spokesman-Review, 2022-09-10
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Nicole Hernandez, 'They didn't give him any time to react at all': Girlfriend of man shot and killed by police in Hillyard speaks out, KREM, 2022-09-06
- ↑ Officer Involved Shooting, City of Spokane, 2022-09-06
- ↑ SPD Heroes, Spokane Police Department
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Letter of Award, Spokane Police, 2017-09-20
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Letter of Award, Spokane Police, 2019-02-05
- ↑ Emily Oliver, SPD identifies officers involved in shooting of armed robbery suspect, KXLY, 2020-08-12
- ↑ Emma Epperly, Family of man killed by Spokane police while unloading his van after camping trip files lawsuit, Spokesman-Review, 2023-03-11
Recent articles: Samir Ahmad, Edward Bronstein (2020), Michael Russell, James Carey, Vito Caselnova