San Rafael California Police Department
|Dates of Service||Ended May 15, 2023.|
|Last Known Status||Separated|
2022 Arrest of Julio Lopez
On September 2, 2022, the officers were placed on paid administrative leave.
On January 25, 2023, Lopez filed a claim against the officers, alleging assault, battery, negligence, false arrest, false imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress, unreasonable search and seizure, and excessive force by police. Lopez also alleged that the city failed to properly screen, hire, train, supervise, or discipline the officers.
On May 15, 2023, Mazariegos separated from the department.
On June 29, 2023, Mazariegos was charged with assault by an officer under color of authority and making false statements on a crime report.
On July 24, 2023, Lopez filed a lawsuit against the officers, the department, and the city, claiming the user of excessive force and unreasonable searches and seizures in violation of his Fourth Amendment rights.
On August 12, 2023, Mazariegos was arraigned on charges of assault by an officer under color of authority and making false statements in a crime report. Mazariegos pleaded not guilty.
- Nikki Silverstein, UPDATED: San Rafael police officer involved in violent beating out of a job, Pacific Sun, 2023-06-12
- Daisy Mazariegos, Police Officer - Entry Level, San Rafael, govSalaries
- Dan Noyes, San Rafael police officers placed on paid leave after bloody takedown of gardener with open beer, ABC 7 News, 2022-09-22
- Alex Gecan, San Rafael hit with claim over bloody police arrest, Marin Independent Journal, 2023-01-31
- 2 San Rafael police officers involved in 2022 excessive force case receive felony charges, DA says, ABC 7, 2023-06-30
- Dan Noyes, Marin Co. gardener files federal lawsuit over beating by San Rafael police due to open beer, ABC 7, 2023-07-24
- Adrian Rodriguez, Marin: Former officers arraigned on assault charges in bloody arrest, Marin Independent Journal, 2023-08-11