|Agency||Columbia County Florida Sheriff's Office|
|Last Known Status||Active|
2020 Arrest of Martinezz Bowman
On October 23, 2020, Gohde and Deputy David Harvey attempted to stop Bowman for deficient tail lights. Bowman continued driving for approximately 1/4 mile until he reached his mother's house. The deputies exited their vehicle with weapons drawn. Harvey gave a series of conflicting commands before releasing his K-9 partner. Deputies handcuffed Bowman as the dog remained latched onto Bowman's leg.
The incident was captured by the officers' dash camera.
Bowman was arrested for fleeing and eluding.
On January 21, 2021, Bowman was also charged with DUI.
On June 9, 2021, the DUI charge was dismissed.
On May 17, 2022, Bowman sued the Sheriff and deputies, claiming the use of excessive force by Harvey and Gohde, and a failure to intervene by Gohde.
On August 23, 2022, Bowman was found not guilty of fleeing and eluding.
2022 Arrest of James Hodges
On November 8, 2022, the department finished their internal investigation. Gohde was suspended for two days without pay.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Bowman v Hunter et al, U.S. District Court, 2022-05-17
- ↑ Martinezz Bowman Brutal and Unconstitutional Attack by Columbia County Sheriff's Office Police Dog, John Phillips Youtube, 2021-01-26
- ↑ Martinezz Bowman v. Columbia County Sheriff’s Office: We won Client’s frivolous criminal case, John Phillips Youtube, 2022-08-25
- ↑ Columbia County Sheriff suspends deputies who arrested legally blind man with cane, CBS 4, 2022-11-08
- ↑ Please see the following message from Sheriff Hunter regarding the arrest of James Hodges, Columbia County Sheriff's Office, 2022-11-08
Recent articles: Larry McDonald Jr., Bradley Mouser, Samuel Fuller, Austin Heiselman (2023), Beri Dave (2020)