|Agency||Jefferson Parish Louisiana Sheriff's Office|
|Rank||Sergeant (2017). Demoted to Deputy (2020).|
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2005.|
|Last Known Status||Active|
2007 Death of Nayeem Khan
Khan's family sued the police officers, alleging constitutional claims for excessive force and state tort claims. The district court dismissed the federal claims for excessive force, and then declined to exercise supplemental jurisdiction over the remaining state law claims.
Subsequent appeals by Khan's family were also denied.
2015 Arrest of Robert Weisler
On September 8, 2016, Weisler filed a complaint in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, alleging violations of the Fourth and Fifth Amendments.
On November 9, 2017, the District Court ruled against Weisler. 
Subsequent appeals by Weisler were also denied.
2016 Interaction with Juvenile
A lawsuit claimed Alvarado grabbed a 14-year-old Hispanic boy by the neck and "slammed his head against the ground and concrete". It was alleged that Alvarado also threatened to have the boy and his family deported.
The Sheriff’s Office said that Alvarado’s actions were "reasonable under the circumstances".
The case was settled for $15,000.
2016 Arrest of Jerman Neveaux
On June 22, 2017, Neveaux filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against more than two dozen officers, alleging excessive force during his arrest that resulted in several injuries and partial blindness in one eye.
2017 Interaction with Casco Atdner
October 10, 2018, Atdner filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court, claiming violations of his constitutional rights, theft of property, and unlawful arrest.
In November 2020, Atdner's lawsuit was settled for $50,000.
2019 Death of Leo Brooks
On July 16, 2020, Brooks' family filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court, citing violations of the Fourth, Fifth, Eighth, and Fourteenth Amendments, and state laws.
On September 24, 2020, the case was dismissed. Jefferson Parish had requested that the case be dismissed, and Brooks' family did not file a timely objection, even though they were represented by counsel. 
2021 Interaction with Shantel Arnold
The Sheriff’s Office said it opened an internal probe into the deputy’s actions shortly after the incident.
- Louisiana deputy who slammed a Black woman on the pavement was named in multiple suits, records show, WWNO, 2021-10-21
- Khan v. Normand, United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2012-05-31
- Michael Abella, Retired police officer alleges he was wrongfully arrested by Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, Louisiana Record, 2016-10-12
- Case #: 2:16-cv-14582, Louisiana Eastern District Court
- Danny Monteverde, Suspect in fatal JPSO shooting files lawsuit against 28 officers, WWL-TV, 2017-06-23
- Atdner v Kister, United States District Court, 2018-10-10
- Lewis v. Jefferson Parish, Lawsuit, 2020-07-16
- Lewis v. Jefferson Parish, U.S. District Court Order, 2020-09-24