|Agency||Vallejo California Police Department|
|Last Known Status||Active|
2012 Arrest of Anton Barrett
On May 28, 2012, officers attempted to pull over a vehicle containing Barrett and his father. After stopping, the men fled separately. The officers pursuing the father shot and killed him when he reached for an object. Barrett heard the shots and hid. Thompson and his K-9 located Barrett, and the dog bit Barrett. According to Barrett, Officer Waylon Boyce handcuffed him and then knelt on his head while asking him questions. Barrett claims that Thompson released his K-9 to attack him again, threatened to kill him, and called him a racial slur.
On August 16, 2013, Barrett sued the city, Sean Kenney, Waylon Boyce, Mark Thompson, and others for the shooting of his father and his arrest.
In 2015, the city settled the case for $235,000.
2017 Arrest of Carl Edwards
On September 5, 2018, Edwards filed a federal lawsuit, alleging that Muniz-Bottomley, Thompson, Waggoner, and Darden used excessive force.
On September 28, 2020, the city filed their response to the lawsuit, claiming that the officers used reasonable force and did not engage in any wrongful or negligent conduct.
2018 Arrest of Michael Sanz
On October 22, 2019, Sanzs filed a lawsuit against the city, Thompson, Officer Jason Bauer, Officer Bretton Waggoner, and others, claiming the use of excessive force.
2019 Death of Willie McCoy
- Mark Thompson J, Police Officer, Vallejo, govSalaries
- Barrett v City of Vallejo Complaint, U.S. District Court, 2013-08-16
- John Glidden, Open Vallejo lawsuit makes police policies public, Open Vallejo, 2020-12-23
- Edwards v. City of Vallejo et al Complaint, U.S. District Court, 2018-09-05
- John Glidden, New excessive force complaint filed against VPD; video shows incident, Times-Herald, 2018-10-02
- Edwards vs City of Vallejo, et al, U.S. District Court, 2020-10-20
- John Glidden, Vallejo police officer driving truck during Monterrosa shooting is leaving to take job in Napa, Vallejo Sun, 2021-09-24
- Sanz vs City of Vallejo, et al, U.S. District Court, 2019-10-22
- John Glidden, Tentative settlement reached in Vallejo excessive force case, Vallejo Sun, 2020-10-21
- Kori McCoy v City of Vallejo, et al, U.S. District Court, 2019-06-27