Trumbull Connecticut Police Department
|Rank||Officer; Sergeant (2019).|
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2007.|
|Last Known Status||Administrative Leave|
2020 Sexual Assault
In September 2020, a sexual assault complaint was filed. During the assault, Perkowski is accused of slapping the woman which resulted in rupturing one of her eardrums, and bruising and biting the victim.
On September 11, 2020, Perkowski was placed on paid administrative leave.
On June 7, 2022, Perkowski was charged with sexual assault in the first degree and assault in the second degree.
Following the charges, Perkowski was placed on administrative leave and his police powers were suspended.
On June 23, 2022, Perkowski pleaded not guilty.
- Police Commission Meeting Minutes, Town of Trumbull, 2019-02-20
- Matthew Perkowski J, Sergeant, Town Of Trumbull, govSalaries
- Official Grievance Form, Trumbull Police Union, 2020-10-05
- Trumbull Police Officer, Former Shelton Firefighter Charged With Sexual Assault, NBC Connecticut, 2022-06-08
- Ethan Fry, Trumbull police sergeant, former Shelton fire captain charged in sex assault, CT Post, 2022-06-08
- Ethan Fry, Trumbull police sergeant accused of Shelton sex assault pleads not guilty, ctpost, 2022-06-23