From LEO Ratings
If you're enjoying our content, please Like, Follow, Share, etc. Read more on how to support the site.
|Agency||New York City New York Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired January 6, 2016.|
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
During her service with the NYPD, Wu earned one citation for meritorious police duty and three for excellent police duty.
2021 Shooting of Jenny Li and Death of Jamie Lang
Wu and Jenny Li ended their relationship in September 2021.
On October 13, 2021, Wu waited in Li's apartment for hours before shooting Li and killing the woman's new girlfriend, Jamie Lang. Part of the incident was captured on a 911 call made from the apartment.
Wu waited for officers to respond, and admitted to the shooting.
Wu was suspended without pay.
On October 14, 2021, Wu was charged with second-degree murder and second-degree attempted murder.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Yvonne S. Wu, Police Officer, CAPstat
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 CeFaan Kim, Parents of woman killed in love triangle involving NYPD officer speak out, ABC7, 2021-12-17
- ↑ Peter Senzamici, NYPD cop had ‘altercation’ with ex-girlfriend and ex’s new love weeks before shooting them both in jealous rage: friends, New York Daily News, 2021-10-14
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Cory James, Off-Duty NYPD Officer Accused Of Shooting Ex-Girlfriend, Killing Another Woman, CBS 2, 2021-10-14
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 NYPD Officer Yvonne Wu, Accused Of Shooting Ex And Killing Ex’s Girlfriend, Facing Murder Charges, CBS 2, 2021-10-15
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Tina Moore, Off-duty NYPD cop allegedly shoots her ex-girlfriend, kills her new lover, New York Post, 2021-10-13
- ↑ Larry Celona, NYPD cop Yvonne Wu charged with murder in fatal love triangle shooting, New York Post, 2021-10-15
- ↑ Attorney General James Announces the First Court Appearance of NYPD Officer on Murder Charge, NY Attorney General's Office, 2021-10-18
Recent articles: Anthony Nigro, Curtis Tyra, Wallace Simmons, Derick Chandler, Scott Birney