|Agency||New Albany Indiana Police Department|
|Dates of Service||2014|
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
2021 Arrest of Shane Clark
Schneider arrested Clark, and is alleged to have taken drugs from a confidential informant and planted them on Clark. Clark spent two weeks in jail. The charges against Clark were dropped.
In October 2021, Clark filed a notice of tort claim against Schneider.
2021 Arrest for Voyeurism
Schneider was accused of taking photos and videos of women changing clothes in a private changing room within a business run from his home.
Schneider was suspended.
On July 16, 2021, Schneider was arrested and charged with two felonies for voyeurism.
On September 23, 2021, Schneider was sued by a woman who was recorded when she was underage.
2021 Arrest for Obstruction of Justice
From May to June 2021, Schneider allegedly had a sexual relationship with a police informant.
On June 28, 2021, Schneider was placed on paid administrative leave.
On July 3, 2021, Schneider was suspended without pay.
Schneider was charged with three felony counts of obstruction of justice and one felony count of official misconduct.
On December 20, 2021, Schneider pleaded guilty to one felony count of official misconduct and one misdemeanor count of interference reporting a crime. The plea agreement calls for Schneider to face two years of probation and resign from the New Albany Police Department.
- ↑ New Albany Police Department hires new officers, News and Tribune, 2014-09-03
- ↑ Adam Schneider N Patrolman New Albany Civil City, govSalaries
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 New Albany officer pleads guilty to having sexual relationship with informant, will resign, Courier-Journal, 2021-12-22
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Lawsuit to claim New Albany Police officer planted drugs on a suspect, WDRB, 2021-10-20
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Dustin Vogt, New Albany officer accused of voyeurism allegedly had sexual relationship with informant, WAVE 3, 2021-07-19
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Aprile Rickert, UPDATE: Judge sets New Albany officer's bond at $50K court cash, News and Tribune, 2021-07-20
- ↑ J.R. vs. Schneider Complaint, Clark County Circuit Court, 2021-09-23
Recent articles: Anthony Nigro, Curtis Tyra, Wallace Simmons, Derick Chandler, Scott Birney