|Agency||Massena New York Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Ended August 2021.|
|Last Known Status||Resigned|
2016 Policy Violations
On December 4, 2016, Huckle was associating with people who had been involved in a 2013 high-profile drug bust and one who had previously been arrested for kidnapping and attempted kidnapping.
In 2016, Huckle was cited for violating police policies governing "obedience to rules of conduct", "adherence to department rules", "conduct unbecoming", and "conduct and behavior".
Huckle was forced to forfeit 12 hours of accrued vacation time and was ordered to "conduct himself in a manner (on and off duty) that meets standards set by department policy, rules, regulation and procedures".
2017 Policy Violations
On July 16, 2017, Huckle made a nude and "highly intoxicated female" leave through his bedroom window when another woman arrived at his house.
Huckle sent "obscene, derogatory" text messages about the Massena Police Department and a police sergeant.
Huckle was cited for violating police policies governing "conduct unbecoming", "public statement or appearance", "conduct and behavior", "respect for fellow officers and employees", and "private conduct".
Details of this incident were not released by the department as no disciplinary charges were filed.
Huckle was suspended during the investigation.
2021 Criminal Mischief
On March 16, 2021, Huckle and other officers were executing a search warrant at a house. Huckle was caught on surveillance video ramming a door to intentionally damage the homeowner's vehicle in the garage.
In August 2021, Huckle resigned, which ended the disciplinary proceeding.
On June 15, 2022, Huckle pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct, a non-criminal violation. Huckle was ordered to pay a $250 fine and $554 in restitution to the vehicle's owner.
- Keith Benman, Officer accused of damaging car resigns, WWNY, 2021-10-01
- Andy Gardner, Beleaguered Massena police officer has two prior disciplinary actions for 'conduct unbecoming', North Country Now, 2021-05-26
- Keith Benman, Huckle’s history: 7 News obtains disciplinary records of suspended Massena police officer, WWNY, 2021-05-25
- Keith Benman, ‘Deeply concerning’ video surfaces, Massena police officer suspended without pay, WWNY, 2021-05-06
- Brian P Barrett's channel, YouTube.com, 2021-05-04
- Suspended Massena police officer charged with felony, WWNY, 2021-05-21
- Diane Rutherford, No jail time for former police officer, WWNYTV, 2022-07-25