From LEO Ratings
If you're enjoying our content, please Like, Follow, Share, etc. Read more on how to support the site.
|Agency||San Rafael California Police Department|
|Last Known Status||Administrative Leave|
2020 Letter of Commendation
On October 13, 2020, a lemur named Maki was stolen from a zoo enclosure. On December 13, 2022, Nail and other officers received a Letter of Commendation for the case.
2022 Arrest of Julio Lopez
On September 2, 2022, the officers were placed on paid administrative leave.
On January 25, 2023, Lopez filed a claim against the officers, alleging assault, battery, negligence, false arrest, false imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress, unreasonable search and seizure, and excessive force by police. Lopez also alleged that the city failed to properly screen, hire, train, supervise, or discipline the officers.
- ↑ Brandon Nail, Police Officer, San Rafael, govSalaries
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Dan Noyes, San Rafael police officers placed on paid leave after bloody takedown of gardener with open beer, ABC 7 News, 2022-09-22
- ↑ Maki, Beloved SF Zoo Lemur Who Was Kidnapped in 2020, Dies at 22, CBS, 2022-03-04
- ↑ Awards, Commendations and Promotions, San Rafael Police Department, 2022-12-13
- ↑ Alex Gecan, San Rafael hit with claim over bloody police arrest, Marin Independent Journal, 2023-01-31
Recent articles: Larry McDonald Jr., Bradley Mouser, Samuel Fuller, Austin Heiselman (2023), Beri Dave (2020)