Sunrise Florida Police Department
|Dates of Service||2016 - May 18, 2023.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated.|
2023 Possession of Child Pornography
Child pornography was found on Haller's personal phone after the department examined several devices.
On January 30, 2023, the department opened an internal investigation.
Haller was placed on unpaid administrative leave.
Haller was arrested on charges of possession of child pornography and tampering with evidence.
On February 19, 2023, Haller was released on bond, and a judge ordered him to surrender his passport, have no contact with minors, and to not use the internet.
On May 18, 2023, Haller was fired.
2023 FOP Event
On May 19, 2023, Haller attended an event hosted by the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) in support of an officer facing a health crisis. The event was promoted as an all-ages gathering, and admitted children under 13 for free. As part of Haller's earlier pre-trial release, he was ordered to have no contact with children.
The department and the Broward State Attorney's Office opened an investigation into whether Haller violated the terms of his release.
- Bridgette Matter, Sunrise officer arrested on child porn charges granted bond by judge, local 10, 2023-02-20
- Nicole Linsalata, Ex-Sunrise Police officer facing child porn charges investigated for attending event with children present, WSVN, 2023-05-23
- Carl Haller, City of Sunrise, govSalaries
- Cody Weddle, Sunrise police officer accused of having child porn on electronic devices, authorities say, local10, 2023-02-18
- Alex Browning, Sunrise Police officer facing child porn charges appears in court, WSVN, 2023-02-19