|Agency||Long Branch New Jersey Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired approximately 2002.|
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
2016 Long Branch Police Department Honorable Service Award
In 2017, Wells and another officer received the Honorable Service Award for their actions on September 5th, 2016. The officers responded to an EMS call to find an 8-month pregnant woman who had collapsed and had no pulse. The other officer performed CPR until paramedics arrived, eventually regaining a pulse. Both officers escorted the woman to the hospital, where she and the baby recovered.
2021 Arrest for Meth Production
On May 15, 2021, officers were called to Walls' residence for a domestic disturbance. While investigating, the officers discovered the supplies and equipment needed to run a meth lab.
Walls was suspended without pay, pending the results of an investigation.
On May 16, 2021, Walls was arrested and charged with first degree maintaining or operating a controlled dangerous substance (CDS) production facility, second degree possession of a firearm during the course of a CDS offense, second degree risking widespread injury, second degree endangering the welfare of a child, third degree manufacturing CDS (methamphetamine), and third degree possession of CDS (methamphetamine). The charges would carry sentences of up to approximately 60 years in state prison.
In November 2021, Walls pleaded guilty to manufacturing a controlled dangerous substance and to causing a risk of widespread injury.
On March 4, 2022, Walls was sentenced to 10 years in state prison and was forced to forfeit his public office and firearms.
- ↑ 2018 Annual Report, Long Branch Police Department, 2018
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2017 Annual Report, Long Branch Police Department, 2017
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Charles Webster, Police officer charged with operating meth lab at his home, Monmouth County Prosecutor, 2021-05-16
- ↑ Christopher Walls S, City of Long Branch, govSalaries
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 New Jersey officer arrested on charges related to manufacturing methamphetamine, Law Officer, 2021-05-17
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 New Jersey officer sentenced to 10 years for operating meth lab at home, Law Officer, 2022-03-08
Recent articles: Michael Pessoa, Caleb Savage, Matthew Willet, Thomas Degenstein, Elmer Lopez-Castaneda (2023)