San Diego County California Sheriff's Department
|Last Known Status||Unknown|
2013 Letter of Commendation
In 2013, Magana received a Letter of Commendation.
2013-2019 San Diego County California Sheriff's Department Illegal Firearm Sales
In the summer of 2019, Magana was placed on unpaid administrative leave.
On November 22, 2019, Magana was charged with aiding and abetting Garmo's illegal firearms business, and pleaded guilty.
On January 27, 2023, Magana was sentenced to time served.
- Fred Magana, Sheriff'S Lieutenant, San Diego County, govSalaries
- 2013 Annual Report, San Diego County Sheriff's Department, 2013
- Jeff McDonald, Former San Diego sheriff’s captain, four others indicted in connection with illegal gun sales, San Diego Union Tribune, 2019-11-22
- Former Sheriff’s Captain Indicted for Gun Trafficking, Aiding Marijuana Distribution & Lying to Federal Agents, U.S. Attorney's Office, 2019-11-22
- Ex-San Diego sheriff's deputy sentenced for role in `Off-Roster' gun sales, ABC 10, 2023-01-27