|Agency||Centerville Iowa Police Department|
|Dates of Service||2017 - September 15, 2022|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
2021 Death of Kevin Arbogast
On December 3, 2021, the state Attorney General ruled that the actions of the officers were justified.
On August 31, 2022, the department received information of alleged misconduct by Downs.
Downs sent an explicit video while on duty.
Downs was having a sexual relationship with a known criminal.
On September 1, 2022, Downs was placed on paid administrative leave.
After the initial allegations, the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation investigated Downs, but found no criminal behavior.
The Centerville Police Department conducted an internal administrative investigation.
- Kyle Ocker, Records: Fired Centerville officer sent explicit video while on duty, Ottumwa Courier, 2022-09-16
- Jacob Downs E, City of Centerville, govSalaries
- Iowa police officer fired after sending explicit video while on duty, KCCI, 2022-09-16
- Update on November 21 Officer-Involved Shooting in Appanoose County, Iowa Department of Public Safety, 2021-12-03
- John Garlock, Centerville police officer fired following administrative investigation, KTVO, 2022-09-16
- Open Records Request Information, Centerville Police Department, 2022-09-16