Lawrence Kansas Police Department
|Dates of Service||June 4, 2013 - November 29, 2021.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
2014 Commendation Award
On November 13, 2014, Gardner received a Commendation Award from the Lawrence Police Department.
2017 On Duty Rape
On January 1, 2017, Gardner allegedly raped a woman while he was on duty.
On November 1, 2021, the victim reported the incident to the Lawrence Police Department.
On November 1, 2021, the Kansas Bureau of Investigation was asked to investigate and Gardner was placed on administrative leave.
On November 29, 2021, Gardner was fired.
On March 4, 2022, Gardner was arrested on 25 charges, including a level-1 felony count of rape. The charges allege that Gardner had sex with a 20-year-old who was unable to consent because she was intoxicated or overcome by force or fear.
On May 26, 2023, a jury found Gardner not guilty.
- Mackenzie Clark, Former Lawrence police officer arrested on suspicion of raping 20-year-old while he was on duty, 24 other counts, Lawrence Times, 2022-03-04
- Jonathan Gardner, Police Officer, City of Lawrence, govSalaries
- 2014 Annual Report, Lawrence Police Department, 2014
- David Medina, Former Lawrence police officer, Jonathan Gardner, charged with rape while on duty, 24 other charges, KSHB, 2022-03-15
- Arrest of former Lawrence police officer, Kansas Bureau of Investigation, 2022-03-04
- Brian Dulle, Former Lawrence police officer, charged with rape, found not guilty, FOX 4, 2023-05-26