Unknown Massachusetts Police Department
In an interview, Kaelberer described starting his career at an agency in Massachusetts.
Enfield Connecticut Police Department
|Last Known Status||Separated|
Connecticut State Police
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2014.|
|Last Known Status||Active|
2015 Arrest of David McAlmond
On February 4, 2015, McAlmond filed a lawsuit against Kaelberer and several other officers, alleging the use of excessive force during an arrest.
Kaelberer was dropped from the lawsuit.
2022 Welfare Check
This incident mentions suicide. If you or someone you know is contemplating suicide, please call the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 988 for immediate help 24/7. Outside the U.S., please consult this list of suicide crisis lines.
On September 11, 2022, Kaelberer stopped to check on a vehicle that was parked on the side of the road with its hazard lights on. Kaelberer talked to the driver, who was on the phone with a suicide prevention hotline and in obvious distress. Kaelberer called an ambulance for the man and gave him a hug during their conversation.
The incident was captured on Kaelberer's body-worn camera.
- SE4-EP140 Connecticut State Trooper Kyle Kaelberer, American Legion, 2023-01-03
- McAlmond v. Enfield (3:15-cv-00158), U.S. District Court, 2015-02-04
- Julian McKinley, Enfield Men Graduate as New State Troopers, Patch, 2014-01-15
- Kyle Kaelberer M, Stpolcetrprfrstclass, Connecticut State Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection, govSalaries
- Will Healey, Enfield release settlement amounts for 10 excessive force lawsuits, Journal Inquirer, 2022-03-30
- State police trooper assists Army veteran in distress on I-84, FOX 61, 2022-09-15
- Facebook posting, Connecticut State Police, 2022-09-15