Paterson New Jersey Police Department
- Patterson, New Jersey is located in the northern part of the state.
- Population: 159,732 (2020), making it the third-most-populous city in New Jersey
- Officers: 400
Body Camera Policy
In 2015, the city received $10,000 from the state to purchase 20 body cameras, but did not do so.
On December 29, 2020, Paterson started a 90-day trial program for the use of body-worn cameras.
Video policy will follow guidelines set by the New Jersey Attorney General's office.
As of November 2021, cameras have been issued to about 35% of approximately 400 officers. The city plans to use a federal grant to equip the rest of the department over the next few years.
On March 27, 2023, the New Jersey Attorney General took control of the department, announcing the appointment of a new Chief from the New York City New York Police Department. The AG also announced a program to pair officers with mental health professionals to respond to calls believed to involved mental or behavioral health issues.
No pages meet these criteria.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Paterson, New Jersey, wikipedia
- ↑ Paterson Police Department, wikipedia
- ↑ Joe Malinconico, Jameek Lowery case: Paterson mayor unveils ‘tools for trust’, North Jersey, 2019-01-17
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Joe Malinconico, Paterson police officers now wearing body cameras — after months and months of delays, North Jersey, 2021-01-05
- ↑ Spencer Finch, the Paterson officer arrested on assault charges, is fired, North Jersey, 2021-11-24
- ↑ NJ attorney general takes over control of Paterson Police Department, ABC 7 NY, 2023-03-27
Recent articles: Larry McDonald Jr., Bradley Mouser, Samuel Fuller, Austin Heiselman (2023), Beri Dave (2020)