|Agency||Tucson Arizona Police Department|
|Dates of Service||Hired in 2017. Ended November 30, 2021.|
|Last Known Status||Terminated|
2021 Death of Richard Richards
On November 30, 2021, Remington was fired as the shooting represented "a clear violation of department policy and directly contradicts multiple aspects of our use of force and training".
On August 25, 2022, Remington was indicted for manslaughter. If convicted, Remington faces a sentence from 3 to 12 1/2 years.
On September 19, 2022, Richards' family filed a lawsuit, accusing Remington of using excessive force.
- Arizona officer fired after shooting of shoplifting suspect, AP News, 2021-12-01
- Tucson police officer fired after fatally shooting a 61-year-old in a mobility scooter nine times, CBS News, 2021-12-01
- Ryan Remington Tucson Police Department, govSalaries
- Crystal Bonvillian, Suspected shoplifter using a wheelchair shot 9 times by Arizona police officer, KIRO 7, 2021-12-01
- Ex-Tucson officer indicted in death of suspect in a wheelchair, KJZZ, 2022-08-26
- Tim Stelloh, Family of man in wheelchair killed by officer sues, alleging wrongful death, NBC News, 2022-09-19