Miami Beach Florida Police Department
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
2021 Beating of Khalid Vaughn
Serrano repeatedly struck Vaughn.
On July 26, 2021, Serrano was relieved of duty (with pay).
On August 2, 2021, Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle announced first-degree misdemeanor battery charges against the five officers involved.
On September 9, 2021, the five officers were arraigned and charged with misdemeanor battery.
- Martin Vassolo, Statement by Chief Clements, Twitter, 2021-07-26
- Rosh Lowe, 5 Miami Beach police officers face battery charges after rough arrests, local10.com, 2021-08-02
- Saira Anwer, 5 Miami Beach police officers arraigned on battery charges for rough arrests, local10.com, 2021-09-09
- Charges Upgraded To Felonies For Three Miami Beach Police Officers Accused Of Rough Arrest, CBS Miami, 2021-09-23
- Felony Charges to be Filed Against Three Miami Beach Police Officers, Miami State Attorney's Office, 2021-09-23