From LEO Ratings
If you're enjoying our content, please Like, Follow, Share, etc. Read more on how to support the site.
Miami Beach Florida Police Department
|Last Known Status||Suspended|
2021 Beating of Khalid Vaughn
Serrano repeatedly struck Vaughn.
On July 26, 2021, Serrano was relieved of duty (with pay).
On August 2, 2021, Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle announced first-degree misdemeanor battery charges against the five officers involved.
On September 9, 2021, the five officers were arraigned and charged with misdemeanor battery.
On September 23, 2021, it was announced that Serrano will be charged with official misconduct, which is a third-degree felony.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Martin Vassolo, Statement by Chief Clements, Twitter, 2021-07-26
- ↑ Rosh Lowe, 5 Miami Beach police officers face battery charges after rough arrests, local10.com, 2021-08-02
- ↑ Saira Anwer, 5 Miami Beach police officers arraigned on battery charges for rough arrests, local10.com, 2021-09-09
- ↑ Charges Upgraded To Felonies For Three Miami Beach Police Officers Accused Of Rough Arrest, CBS Miami, 2021-09-23
- ↑ Felony Charges to be Filed Against Three Miami Beach Police Officers, Miami State Attorney's Office, 2021-09-23
Recent articles: Anthony Nigro, Curtis Tyra, Wallace Simmons, Derick Chandler, Scott Birney