|Agency||Doral Florida Police Department|
|Last Known Status||Active|
2018 Quarterly Sworn Recognition Award
In 2018, Tellez received the department's Quarterly Sworn Recognition Award for the second quarter of 2018.
2018 Miami-Dade County Association of Chiefs of Police Award
In 2018, Tellez and Officer Ralph Cuan received the Miami-Dade County Association of Chiefs of Police Award.
2019 LEO Foundation Officer of the Year
On March 2, 2019, Tellez and other officers received the Officer of the Year award from the LEO Foundation for engaging a shooter at a hotel.
2017 Arrest of Victor Sepulveda
On September 9, 2021, Sepulveda filed a lawsuit against the City of Doral and Officers Felipe, Tellez, Acosta, and Diaz, claiming violations of his Fourth and Fourteenth Amendment Constitutional rights, and other rights under state and federal law.
On September 1, 2022, a jury ruled in Sepulveda's favor against Tellez, Acosta, and Diaz, and ordered $600,000 in compensation.
- ↑ Annual Report, City of Doral, 2019
- ↑ Alberto Tellez, Police Sergeant, City of Doral, govSalaries
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 2018 Annual Report, City of Doral Police Department, 2020
- ↑ Doral Police Department Wins Most Awards at 19th Annual LEO Awards Gala, City of Doral, 2019-03-07
- ↑ Sepulveda vs City of Doral, et al. Complaint, U.S. District Court, 2021-09-09
- ↑ Sepulveda vs City of Doral, et al. Verdict, U.S. District Court, 2020-09-01
Recent articles: Larry McDonald Jr., Bradley Mouser, Samuel Fuller, Austin Heiselman (2023), Beri Dave (2020)