From LEO Ratings
If you're enjoying our content, please Like, Follow, Share, etc. Read more on how to support the site.
Van Zandt County Texas Sheriff's Office
|Last Known Status||Resigned|
2022 False Statement
In March 2022, Snell was indicted for giving a false statement to a peace officer during the investigation. Snell could face up to six months in jail on the misdemeanor charge.
On May 20, 2022, the charges were dismissed. The District Attorney stated that the "interest of justice would be best served by protecting those future cases on behalf of victims and agreeing to dismiss the charges in exchange for resignation from the Van Zandt County Sheriff's Office".
On July 13, 2022, Snell pleaded guilty to a federal felony charge of obstruction of justice. If the plea is accepted, Snell will be sentenced to one year of probation]
- ↑ Lexi Vennetti, Van Zandt County sheriff, sergeant resign in exchange for dismissal of charges, KLTV, 2022-05-20
- ↑ Van Zandt County Sheriff to Resign Following Arrest, Indictment, NBC DFW, 2022-04-29
- ↑ Zak Wellerman, Officials dismiss charges against former Van Zandt County sheriff, his deputies, CBS19, 2022-07-06
- ↑ Darby Good, Second former Van Zandt County sergeant pleads guilty to federal felony, KETK, 2022-07-13
- ↑ United States v Snell, United States District Court, 2022-07-13
Recent articles: Scott Birney, Christopher Shields, Adam Nguyen, Anna Perez, Marquis Fitzgerald