|Agency||Ouachita Parish Louisiana Sheriff's Office|
|Rank||Corrections Officer, Deputy (2012)|
|Dates of Service||2010-2014|
|Last Known Status||Separated|
|Agency||Louisiana State Police|
|Dates of Service||Ended March 10, 2021|
|Last Known Status||Resigned|
At the training academy, an instructor wrote that Brown was "willing to cut corners and express himself in a disrespectful and deceptive manner", would be a "toxic employee" with "character flaws", and "should not be allowed to continue with his training". Brown's father was a senior LSP officer at the time.
Brown had a total of 23 use-of-force incidents from 2015-2021.
2019 Arrest of Aaron Bowman
On October 19, 2020, Brown was placed on administrative duty.
On December 10, 2020, Brown was charged with aggravated second degree battery and malfeasance in office.
In October 2021, Brown pleaded not guilty.
2019 Arrest of Morgan Blake
On December 16, 2021, a judge dismissed Blake's lawsuit for filing after a one-year statute of limitations and for failure "to state a claim upon which relief can be granted".
2020 Death of Antonio Harris
On February 8, 2021, Brown was arrested and placed on paid administrative leave. Brown was charged with misdemeanor simple battery, felony malfeasance in office, and obstruction of justice.
On March 10, 2021, Brown resigned.
About May 12, 2022, state prosecutors charged Brown with misdemeanor simple battery and chose not to pursue the malfeasance charge. Brown faces up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted.
- Jim Mustian, In Louisiana, a father, a son and a culture of police abuse, WAFB, 2021-10-26
- Monroe-area state trooper resigns following multiple arrests involving excessive force, KNOE, 2021-03-12
- Jacob Brown, State Police Trooper, Louisiana State Police, govSalaries
- Kevin McGill, Trooper faces battery, malfeasance charges in 2019 incident, AP, 2020-12-10
- Louisiana State Trooper arrested on charges of battery and malfeasance in office, KNOE, 2020-12-10
- Jake Bleiberg, Louisiana state trooper charged in pummeling of Black man, AP, 2021-09-24
- Louisiana State Police Officer Indicted on Federal Civil Rights Charge for Assaulting Arrestee, U.S. Department of Justice, 2021-09-23
- Lester Duhe, Louisiana State Police release new details behind arrests of four troopers, KPLC, 2021-02-08
- TRO and Support, LA Boards Commission, 2021-03-04
- Blake v Brown Complaint, Civ. ACTION 3:21-02046, U.S. District Court, 2021-07-15
- Blake v Brown Judgement, Civ. ACTION 3:21-02046, U.S. District Court, 2021-12-16
- Lester Duhé, Louisiana State Police release new details behind arrests of four troopers, KPLC, 2021-02-08
- Chris Nakamoto, Two state troopers will remain on payroll despite excessive force arrests, WBRZ, 2021-04-08
- Louisiana state troopers charged in beating of Black man, KNOE, 2022-05-12