Doral Florida Police Department
|Last Known Status||Active|
2018 Officer of the Quarter
Felipe was named Officer of the Quarter for the third quarter of 2018.
2020 Officer of the Quarter
Felipe was named Officer of the Quarter for the first quarter of 2020.
2012 Arrest of Julian Gomez-Montoya
On June 17, 2012, Felipe and Officer Jeffrey Mederos arrived at the home of Gomez-Montoya, where a small party was being held. According to Gomez-Montoya, the officers asked him to step out of the apartment, which he questioned. Mederos grabbed Gomez-Montoya by the neck and attempted to pull him from the apartment. During the struggle, Gomez-Montoya fell back inside the apartment, and Mederos followed him inside. A guest inside the house attempted to intervene, and was pushed to the floor and arrested.
Gomez-Montoya started recording the incident on his cell phone. Mederos ordered Felipe to arrest Gomez-Montoya for the recording. Felipe deployed his Taser against Gomez-Montoya several times before handcuffing him.
Gomez-Montoya was charged with Battery on a Police Officer and Resisting Arrest with Violence.
On May 9, 2013, Gomez-Montoya completed a pre-trial diversion program, and the charges against him were dropped.
On June 9, 2016, Gomez-Montoya filed a lawsuit against the city, Felipe and Mederos, claiming violations of his Fourth Amendment rights.
On June 13, 2017, Gomez-Montoya and the city reached a settlement via a mediator.
2017 Arrest of Victor Sepulveda
On September 9, 2021, Sepulveda filed a lawsuit against the City of Doral and Officers Felipe, Tellez, Acosta, and Diaz, claiming violations of his Fourth and Fourteenth Amendment Constitutional rights, and other rights under state and federal law.
The charges against Felipe were dropped during the trial, as he was not involved in the use of excessive force.
- Omar Felipe, Police Officer, City of Doral, govSalaries
- 2018 Annual Report, City of Doral Police Department, 2020
- 2020 Annual Report, City of Doral Police Department, 2020
- Gomez-Montoya v City of Doral, et al Complaint, U.S. District Court, 2016-06-09
- Gomez-Montoya v City of Doral, et al, U.S. District Court, 2017-06-13
- Sepulveda vs City of Doral, et al. Complaint, U.S. District Court, 2021-09-09
- Daniel W. Courtney, Attorney's Overview of Case, Email with leoratings.com