From LEO Ratings
If you're enjoying our content, please Like, Follow, Share, etc. Read more on how to support the site.
Honolulu Hawaii Police Department
|Last Known Status||Administrative Leave|
Lewis was placed on administrative leave.
On April 12, 2022, Perkins-Sinapati filed a lawsuit against the city and several officers.
On February 2, 2023, the city settled a lawsuit from four of the passengers for $4.5 million.
On March 16, 2023, Nahulu was charged with felony "collision that resulted in death or serious bodily injury", and faces up to 10 years in prison. Smith, Bartolome, and Lewis were each charged with felonies for hindering prosecution and conspiracy, and face up to 6 years in prison.
On March 24, 2023, the officers pleaded not guilty.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Rick Daysog, Critics: Charges against officers in near-fatal police chase are too lenient, Hawaii News Now, 2020-03-17
- ↑ Jacob Geanous, Third Lawsuit Filed Against City Alleging Honolulu Police Caused Crash, Honolulu Civil Beat, 2022-04-12
- ↑ Lynn Kawano, Council OKs first settlement in police chase that prompted felony probe, Hawaii News Now, 2023-02-22
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Audrey McAvoy, Honolulu police officers plead not guilty in Waiʻanae car crash, cover-up, Hawaii Public Radio, 2023-03-24
- ↑ 4 Honolulu police officers charged after alleged coverup in police chase, FOX News, 2023-03-17
Recent articles: Michael Pessoa, Caleb Savage, Matthew Willet, Thomas Degenstein, Elmer Lopez-Castaneda (2023)